State Bank of India
A/c No: 0000123456789
IFSC Code: SB0001234
Project area: Bindol GP of Raiganj Block, Uttar Dinajpur District.
Target group: Marginalized people, mostly women and youth groups.
Goal of the project:
- To empower the Women’s groups in order to ensure women’s participation in decision making process and in effective delivery of services.
- To make women aware of their rights on various issues.
- To strengthen the local self-governance mechanism/ Gram Panchayat through sensitizing the system and the people who are running the system.
Objectives of the project:
- To incorporate village community in PRI.
- To form new SHGs and uniting various other SHGs under one umbrella.
- To engage CBOs in village development.
- To involve people in the process of decentralization of Panchayati Raj Institution.
- Providing information and mobilizing the marginalized community on livelihood issues.
- Organizing and motivating the poor, marginalized and landless people to take up alternate employment and skill building.
- Preparation of the list of SHGs in villages and Panchayats.
- Convincing them about the importance of functioning under one umbrella to get a better market price for their product.
- Capacity building of the SHGs.
- Mobilizing CBOs and connecting them with people.
- Educating the CBOs on developmental issues.
- Formation of a Joint Forum・with all the CBOs of the project area.
- Strengthening GUS through regular meetings of the Gram Sansad Sabha and Gram Sabha.
- Identification of problems related to livelihood through group discussion.
- Awareness sessions on livelihood and role of Panchayat and people at Gram Sansad level.
- Organizing discussions at Panchayat level with people like teachers, ICDS workers, health workers.
- Organizing cultural events like street play, video and poster exhibitions.
- Establishing an information center.
- Organizing workshops to inform people about various employment schemes.
- Regular meetings with the leaders of SHGs at Panchayat level about their role in village development.
- Organizing discussion among various CBOs, local club and other groups at Gram Sansad level.
- Organizing joint meetings between villagers and CBOs.
- Formation of ‘General forum’ with all social organization of Panchayat.
- Arranging a discussion with all stakeholders, people and CBOs, etc.